VO Prime Sentinel
Piracy is a constant threat to the Pay-TV operators’ revenue. Increasingly sophisticated hacking attacks pose a growing threat to the industry, with new forms of piracy on-the-rise in various geographies around the globe.
Card and control-word sharing schemes, for example, are a specific form of piracy, which has been gaining ground worldwide. With these schemes, illegal distributors can resell television bouquet subscriptions at a very low cost.
To protect their premium content against card and control word sharing and other piracy threats, content service providers need to adopt more advanced security solutions.
VO Prime Sentinel
VO advanced card-based conditional access solutions (CAS) provide security for a wide range of TV service models including live TV, catch-up, PVR, content sharing on home networks and video-on-demand. To maximize the level of protection, VO solutions combine smartcard security features with advanced set-top-box (STB) models, known as Trusted STB. These solutions feature VO’s newest smartcard, the Proactive PC5, is based on a state-of-the-art EAL5+certified smartcard chip.
At VO, we understand the market dynamics and work in partnership with our customers to provide them with the highest level of protection against piracy. For this reason, we have created a unique 360° security approach for content service providers.
VO 360° security provides:
- Best of breed technology and a new generation of smartcard every 18 to 24 months
- Legal protection through investigation and prosecution of pirates
- Continuous monitoring of security risks
- Open communication policy with partners & customers
- Proactive anti-piracy operations and dedicated security services
With more than 85 pay TV content service providers, VO has the experience and expertise to protect your premium content with our proven, globally recognized and fully integrated solution. We actively participate in the leading antipiracy associations (AEPOC, STOP, ALPA).
- Deliver - VO advanced card-based conditional access solutions (CAS) provide security for a wide range of TV service models including live TV, catch-up, PVR, content sharing on home networks and video-on-demand.
- Protect – with a proven and fully integrated CAS solution, VO protects premium content for over 85 Pay-TV content service providers worldwide.
- Secure – As part of a unique 360° security approach, VO develops a new generation of smartcard every 18 to 24 months. Our newest smart card, the Proactive PC5, is based on a state-of-the-art EAL5+certified smartcard chip.
- Grow – At VO, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of security in order to guard against piracy and protect your revenue streams.
- Dedicated pairing between one smartcard and STB to prevent card sharing
- Conditional access module lock to enable the STB to check for authorized cards
- Output control to authorize or prevent content transmission through analogue or digital outputs including digital living network alliance (DLNA) bridge while activating approved content protection technologies in the home network
- Fingerprinting to print the smartcard’s serial number on the screen with random position and time
- Watermarking with third party technology partners to invisibly mark premium content with a unique identifier that can be traced back to the source of content leakage.