VO Service Delivery Platform
Delivering service to multiple, mobile screens
Service delivery used to be straightforward. Content service providers prepared the content is a single format, had a known number of connected, monthly subscribers and delivered the content over their own managed networks. Those days are over. The explosion of content combined with the diversification of devices and networks have created the means and opportunity to deliver more.
Today, content service providers need to support a large and growing number of business models. Pay-TV subscriptions have evolved from simple monthly subscriptions to a long list of tiered options including: one-time VOD packages, subscription VOD services (SVOD), live pay-per-view (PPV), catch-up TV, shifted-TV, bouquet and packages.
In the connected, always-on world, the boundaries of service delivery have expanded beyond the providers’ closed, managed networks. With limited or no control over the network infrastructure and quality-of-service, content must be smoothly delivered to mobile Tablet PCs, smart-phones and other mobile devices; any place, any time.
Multiple adaptive bit-rate (ABR) standards such as Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Microsoft’s Smooth Streaming (HSS) and the new MPEG-DASH have been created to deliver a consistent user-experience in any network condition for every device type. However, with no single industry standard, service delivery platform solutions must address all the options.
In today’s increasingly complex market conditions, service delivery platforms face a tough challenge. They need to empower content service providers with flexible business models, rich functionality, support multiple network environments and a wide variety of devices.
VO Service Delivery Platform Solution
Empowering content service providers to create a rich and flexible offering, the VO service delivery platform (SDP) solution supports a wide variety of business models. With VO’s solution, providers can differentiate their business and succeed in the highly competitive market space.
- Pay TV packages & bouquets
- VOD packages, subscription VOD (SVOD) and transaction VOD (TiVOD)
- Live pay-per-view (PPV)
- Shifted TV and catch-up TV
- Subscribers & occasional users
With VO SDP solution, content service providers can expand beyond their existing subscriber base. As OTT services become increasingly prevalent, provides can leverage their video assets to attract occasional users through their online portal.
Using the latest adaptive bit-rate standards on the market, the content is prepared for smooth delivery to multiple types of devices. In both the content publishing and delivery processes, the VO solution ensures that users gain access only to content that is allowed on their device type. Furthermore, the solution helps enforce content owner requirements regarding number of concurrent devices, license period, geo-fencing and the number of allowed views/downloads.
- Customer Management – Manage complex account hierarchies with multiple users per account. Support both recurring subscribers and occasional users making online payments.
- Device Management – Each customer account has multiple devices, which are associated with one (smartphone) or all (living room TV) users in the account. To comply with content owners requirements, ensure secure service and high-quality delivery, the devices need to be registered and managed.
- Customer Care - View subscriber’s information and activity, control purchases and parental PINs , credit transactions and free VOD compensations.
- Offer Management – Stay ahead of the competition and differentiate your service by offering advanced business models – PPV, TVOD, SVOD, Live bundles, eST, Discounts, Prepaid and more.
- Reporting and Analytics – In order to optimize and manage your business effectively, the VO service delivery platform provides flexible reports and analytics on VOD content consumption, preferred business models and portal navigation
- Content Preparations – prepare content for multiple screens by transcoding & packaging to multiple formats, rates and resolutions. The VO solution supports all the ABR formats on the marketing including Apple HLS, Microsoft HSS and the new MPEG-DASH (upon release in 2013) for on-demand and live viewing.
- Content Rights Management – ensure compliance with content owners’ requirements by limiting content according to device type, number of devices, number of views and geography.
- Data Management – effectively manage your growing library of video assets and associated meta-data.
- Content Publishing – employ a device-sensitive publishing process, which incorporates the new asset into your EPG and VOD catalog. It is critical to manage customer expectations ensuring that customers do not attempt and fail to consume content that is unavailable on their device.
- Content Distribution – effectively deliver content over multiple selected networks using content-delivery-networks (CDN) for OTT delivery and video-servers (VS) for managed networks.
- Differentiate – The VO service delivery platform solution provides flexible business models empowering content service providers to differentiate their business.
- Grow – by leveraging existing content to provide OTT services, content service providers can expand beyond their existing customer base and reach new occasional users.
- Deliver – With VO’s SDP solution the content is prepared using the latest ABR standards to ensure high-quality streaming and a superior user experience on any device, any time anywhere.
- Manage – The VO SDP solution offers built-in modules form managing your assets, customers and business offering. This comprehensive solution ensures that providers have the right tools to run a successful Pay-TV business.