Connected Sentinel is successfully audited by the Merdan Group
In this age of diversity, protecting premium content distribution and consumption is becoming increasingly complex.
In order to create a rich and differentiated offering, content service needs to support a wide variety of business models. Maintaining a position of trust with content owners requires intricate rights management and protection of content; from distribution through consumption across every device type.
Manage rights – enforce complex rights schemes based on device type, number of streams, views, geography and more
Protect content – prevent content theft during delivery across managed and especially unmanaged networks as well as during consumption, using off-the-shelf consumer devices
Provide on-going security – in order to protect revenues and establish a position of trust with content owners, it is mandatory to proactively combat piracy
Support multiple DRM technologies – interoperability with 3rd party DRM solutions is critical for success with the proliferation of client devices
Connected Sentinel is part of VO’s Voyage - TV Everywhere solution. Connected Sentinel is a Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution that supports both VO’s proprietary DRM technology and Microsoft PlayReady. With Connected Sentinel, content service providers can distribute content securely to STBs, tablets and smartphones running Connected Sentinel proprietary DRM, as well as Microsoft based devices such as PC’s and gaming consoles supporting Microsoft PlayReady.
Best in class security for any device is provided with Connected Sentinel; including those devices embedding a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE). TEE is an operating system, enabling enhanced security services on ARM-based chipset delivering HD content to mobile devices.
Connected Sentinel supports a rich set of business models including live TV, subscriptions, on-demand rental in streaming or download, electronic sell-through (EST) and more. By leveraging adaptive streaming protocols such as MPEG-DASH, Microsoft SmoothStreaming and HLS (HTTP Live streaming), users enjoy the optimal video quality based on any network conditions and on any device type.
Connected sentinel is pre-integrated on STBs, based on a secure, VO-approved, chipset, which includes a secure boot and a secure video path. This robust implementation complies with content owners’ requirement for HD video rendering in 1080p.
The Connected Sentinel Player is a secure player and DRM agent, also available as an SDK. The Player integrates seamlessly with any iOS or Android application and supports by default VO Connected Sentinel DRM, as well as Microsoft PlayReady DRM.
A smooth live TV experience is achieved with Connected Sentinel through optimal channel zapping time and by eliminating the bottleneck effect in license acquisition. This experience adheres to regulatory requirements.
- Protect - Deploy best-in-class protection based on device type. Ensure ongoing security with VO’s “Eye on Piracy”, to proactively combat piracy and continuously improve security measures
- A Pre-Integrated Ecosystem - Accelerate deployment and ensure success by embracing a solution pre-integrated with a complete partner ecosystem, tailored to your needs
- Grow - Start out small, with a low up-front investment and scale as you grow leveraging the Connected Sentinel in a SaaS business model
- End-To-End - Complete an end-to-end solution by serving as a content protection module for TV Everywhere
- Support of license pre-delivery
- License bundle
- Key rotation: content encryption can change every second without requiring a new DRM license acquisition
- Parental control: managed within Connected Sentinel to meet TV regulatory requirements
- Non-linear (for streaming or download)
- Rental periods
- Counter base (count playing times)
- Connected Sentinel Player (for IOS and Android)
- Supports MPEG DASH, HLS, MS SmoothStreaming
- Supports H264 main and baseline (HEVC in roadmap)
- Supports audio codecs AAC-LC , HE AAC v1 ,HE AAC v2 ,AC-3 (Dolby digital) ,E-AC3 (Dolby digital+)
- Play, pause, resume and seek
- Multiple audio and subtitles
- Output protection
- Jailbreak and rooting detection
- 3rd party security audit and studio approval