Product Manager-temporary position
About the Job
Viaccess-Orca is seeking a business-oriented Product Manager to join the TV platform product team in this exciting time in video entertainment, with new business models and innovative experiences emerging to drive and define the roadmap and execution of a global TV operators platform focusing on delivering the best customer experience.
You will help lead the creation of the evolving TV service. You will have end-to-end product responsibility from strategic opportunity assessment to tactical road mapping and feature development. Working closely with a cross-functional team of engineers and designers, you will help define product requirements, implement product vision/plan and develop the end-to-end product lifecycle.
You will be the driving force behind product innovation and feature development and shape the future of VO’s TV, web and mobile products.
- Take full ownership of the full product cycle, from strategic planning and market analysis through establishing product vision, drive the technical development, innovations and prioritize new features and enhancements to existing features
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to deliver a comprehensive, best-in-class customer experience and product portfolio that satisfies the current and future needs of our customers.
- Conduct market research and engage with customers, prospects and partners to identify market needs and opportunities, you’ll interact with key business and technical stakeholders to gather detailed business and technical requirements in order to define key product performance indicators (KPIs), as well as release-specific success metrics
- Product Specifications: Write and consult on complex product specifications while accounting for design challenges and external dependencies
- Collaborate with multiple departments, including R&D, UX and Pre-sales, while managing the full product life-cycle in a dynamic environment to monitor progress and deliver high-quality product releases
- Ensure deadlines are constantly being met and remove road blocks
Who You Are
- User-focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do, while having strong commercial awareness
- You’ll have strong of customer experience and design knowledge to ensure features drive high adoption and customer delight
- You’re comfortable nurturing various projects in parallel, in different stages of maturity and can manage conflicting priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Have the ability to both think big picture and deep-dive into the details when necessary
- Self-starter and quick learner, ability to work independently with “make it happen” attitude;
- A go-getter who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and willing to think creatively to solve problems
- Passionate about product development and constantly looking for ways to improve it
- Creative thinker who’s able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- 5+ years experience in Product Management or Software Development in Agile methodology
- Have a demonstrated ability to develop exceptional user experiences that have had successful commercial outcomes
- Solid technical background with an understanding of cloud-native technologies, web and mobile technologies
- Experience in Media & Entertainment industry, Telecommunications or Video Streaming– an advantage
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional global teams
- Experience in a B2B2C technology companies
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Technical degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent practical experience in a technical discipline