Viaccess-Orca Will Exhibit at Mobile World Congress
PARIS - February 19, 2013 – VO boosts Orange’s newest second-screen app, TVcheck for Android devices and iPhones, with content discovery and recommendations
Viaccess-Orca (VO), a global leader in the protection and enhancement of content services, announced today that it will exhibit at the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 25-28, showcasing solutions that offer end-to-end content recommendation, delivery and protection on any mobile device.
Visitors to the Viaccess-Orca stand #5C56 will experience the company’s TV Everywhere solution, COMPASS content discovery and recommendation solution commercially deployed on Orange’s new TVcheck app and DEEP second screen engagement platform.
Each of these solutions enhances the content consumption experience on mobile devices, including personalized content recommendation to increase ARPU and stickiness.
- VO’s content discovery and recommendation platform, COMPASS, is powering Orange's new TVcheck app via Android devices and iPhone to deliver a mobile social check-in service to Live TV programs. More than 100,000 users have downloaded the app to check in and get personalized content and recommendations.
- VO was also selected by a large Satellite operator in the Middle East for a two-stage project embedding content discovery and recommendation into the operator’s service, including TV, mobile phones, PCs and tablets. In the first stage, recommendations will be an integral part of both the linear and the VOD service on subscriber TVs. Users will receive recommendations via a variety of engines, such as collaborative filtering, content semantics, viewer and external ratings, user preferences and consumption habits, operator promotions, most popular and most recent content. At the second stage, the operator is launching an advanced multi-screen TV Everywhere service, with COMPASS powering recommendations on all devices, including mobile phones, PCs and tablets.
“Content is everywhere and it’s more mobile than ever,” said François Moreau de Saint Martin, CEO, Viaccess-Orca. “The second screen has taken the Pay TV industry by storm, but for operators it's difficult to compete with the likes of Internet-based technologies because TV is much more challenging. Viaccess-Orca solves these issues for operators with a focus on end-to-end mobile solutions that deliver content securely on any network via any screen, shaping the ultimate and personalized content experience for the end-users.”
About Viaccess-Orca’s solutions at MWC:
- The TV Everywhere solution includes a unified backend, along with an off-the-shelf suite of applications on tablets, smartphones, PCs and TVs for both broadcast and IP markets. This solution comprises content workflow, business logic, flexible service management, content protection, and a rich user experience enhanced by comprehensive content discovery and recommendation.
- Content Discovery and Recommendation solution (COMPASS) creates a personalized content service that meets the users on their own terms, anytime, anywhere and on any device. It allows viewers to enjoy the full range of content provided; being the logical next step to keep them engaged and increase ARPU.
- DEEP (Data Engagement and Enrichment Platform) is a second screen application, which complements TV viewing by offering a unique way to discover content and explore themes related to the video service. DEEP’s User Interface enables an intuitive browsing among thousands of automatically created digital magazines about movies, TV shows, actors and themes. DEEP also offers a new monetization opportunity via targeted advertising and TV commerce of goods related to the content being consumed.
Viaccess-Orca is a visionary partner for content service providers worldwide, thanks to its ability to shape the ultimate content experience wherever viewers are and on whatever device they choose to consume content. The media environment is moving fast, giving the content consumption market a number of continuous technological and business challenges. With integrated products and innovative, business savvy solutions, Viaccess-Orca helps content service providers gain a competitive edge in this market of unmanaged networks and IP-connected devices. Since the user experience (UX) is a critical success factor for operators today, Viaccess-Orca’s solutions focus on delivering engaging experiences on all platforms for a new entertainment world. The company assists service providers in creating long term loyalty on the customer journey to discover, choose and consume content in a secure manner. Viaccess-Orca is part of the France Telecom Orange Group. For more information, visit www.viaccess-orca.com or follow us on Twitter @ViaccessOrca andLinkedin .
to download the PR.